Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Christmas Tree!!





Saturday we put up our Christmas tree...it's an all day event! We have to borrow the Betti's BIG ladder in order to decorate the very top! Personally, I do NOT like the high ladder (or any high place for that matter!) so the kids enjoy the climbing part. :) Even Lizzy climbed all the way to the top to put ornaments up HIGH (12 foot tree).

My parents give the kids each an ornament every year, so they each have a set of Hallmark collectibles that will be theirs to keep one day. Nathan's set is "Kiddie Cars" but that collection ended last year, so this year he got a Corvette ornament. Tim's set is "All American Trucks"...lots of cool pick up trucks! Dan's set is called "Flying High"...all airplaines. Our tree looks quite "boyish!" Ah, but then there is Lizzy's set...now she has a "Fairy Princess" set, but her first set was "Little Women" with the four sisters from that famous story. So, there are a few girly ornaments too! Anyway, it 's fun to pull out all of the ornaments each year and add the newest one!

2 comments:

Stef said...

Whoa! That is a big ladder. I'm with you, Jill. I'll stay on the ground, thank you very much.

My Mom does the same thing for us! Every year we all get new ornaments. She picks out the cutest ones too - they actually go with each person's personality. Since getting married, she's bought Jason and I a "couples" one and they're always super cute. Such good memories too. When we decorate the tree, we think of Nana! :)

Caley said...

Man! I thought my tree was huge~ 12 feet! That REALLY is high! what a fun tradition with the ornaments, I will have to remember that with my family one day!