Saturday, December 22, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Well, this week has gone by SO quickly, and now Christmas is right around the the corner. Here are some highlights from our busy week:

  • Sunday - we had church in the morning, and in the evening at church we had a special worship service called "Christ in Song" with lots of music telling the story of Christ. I got to sing in a ladies ensemble, Kenny sang in a men's quartet and the kids sang with the kids choir. It was a beautiful service!
  • Monday- Nathan and Tim had their annual Christmas concert with their piano teacher. Their teacher, Mrs. Schnieder, was voted "Best in Brentwood for 2007!" The concert was wonderful; the boys did great!
  • Tuesday - piano lessons, making cookies and two parties filled this day. I made cut out Christmas cookies with the kids, which is one of their favorite Christmas traditions that we have. They each take a turn rolling and cutting the dough, and we spent about 3 hours doing this! Lizzy got to go to a caroling party with her good friend Emmy in the evening, and Kenny and I went to a nice dinner party at the Trummel's with several of our dear friends. It was another special day!
  • Wednesday - the dreaded Winco trip (anyone who lives in Brentwood will understand!), more cookies baking, candy making and prayer meeting...oh and we delivered our Angel Tree gifts after prayer meeting!
  • Thursday - AH, the ONLY day where we did not have to go anywhere except the boys' TaeKwon-Do class in the evening. We made more cookies, and I finished wrapping all of the presents!
  • Friday - I finished my baking yesterday, ran a couple of errands and then we went to another Christmas party last night at the Clappins with a few good friends. A fun way to end a busy week; just relaxing, chatting and eating yummy appetizers!

So, today is Saturday, and my parents arrive this afternoon to stay until next Thursday...so starting the official Christmas celebration!! My brother comes on Monday. I may not have time to post again until after Christmas so I want to wish all of my blog readers a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!


"And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
"Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."
~Luke 2:1-14

3 comments:

Stef said...

What?! I love Winco! You don't like going there? Although... I adore grocery shopping and house hold shopping, so maybe that's why.

Merry Christmas!

jillyco said...

I love the prices at Winco, but I really don't like that store. I don't know why...I just hate going. I love going to Safeway (the newer one) but hate their prices. So, I guess I'm just fickle. :)

Jules said...

Merry Christmas, Combs Family! :)

The Atkins in WA :)